Sunday 16 May 2010

The next four years with Mr Cameron

 

I am currently 23 years of age – thus in four years time I shall be 28 (Eeek!)

why am I stating this? well that is the next time the UK will vote in the general elections (maybe)

So we have a coalition government between the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats. Now one of these parties I like, the other in my mind can shove it up their caviar spewed asshole.

 

75% of youth would agree with me, hardly anyone between 18-25 is a fan of the Tories. Though the majority of our age group like the Lib-Dems.

Now I’m not here to ramble, to try and make you make change etc.. no I’m here to tell you about the benefits of having a Tory Prime Minister.

Yes you heard correctly – you are going to hear why it is good that we have a Tory government from a person who hates what they stand for.

1) Riots

The Greece riots, have come about due to the financial crisis- apparently riots could appear within the UK for the same reason within the next four years. Who will we blame – the Tories of course. bring in new government.

(Though I sometimes feel rioting will be cool, I’m a Gandhi man by heart and would rather resolve issues via peace protests)

2) Music

Dear old Thatcher and Major – you were both of your time, you did not know what you were doing. sure some look at you 18 years in power with fond memoirs – but most remember it a bit differently & when you look back to this time they is usually a great soundtrack.

This soundtrack consists of musicians, who wanted to get their point across – nearly all musicians are to the left (honestly I cannot think of one musician with right tendencies) So between 1979-1997 we had Joy Division, The Smiths, New Order, Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, Oasis, Blur and more – all who had songs with political, social, culture references to having a Tory government.

Though the last 13 years of Labour has given us great UK bands that will be remembered forever (umm………hang on……..they must be one………Aritic Monkeys?…maybe…well just they first album) nothing compares to the Tory Days

3) Arts

Tories hate art, especial art made after the fall of the Empire. Trust me. I studied Drama and though I realised that it was a load of BOLLOCKS the one thing that interested me was – how the Tory government of the 80’s pretty much stopped all funding for the arts. Pissing all those art-lover types off and leading to art with a political twist just like music. When labour came along in 1997 funding went back into the arts and BAM National Theatre, Tate Modern sprang out of nowhere and the population realised art was not dead. it was just kept locked up waiting for funding. Question is will this Troy government do the same, thus art going underground then springing back to life like a punch in face – i kinda hope so.

4) Youth

Like I said youth do not really like the Conservatives, they all know the stories left over from the 80’s. Think of it this way though – it is usually youth who get involved in riots, peace protests, music and other arts.  With the Lib Dems being part of the coalition, we also think we have a greater voice within government.

Now is the time for us to turn the table on those baby boomers – if we have a fantastic voice within the media, why not the government? if we are the ones that create the culture of today, why can’t we help the children of today create the culture of tomorrow?

I still have that teenage attitude of thinking the older generation suck- this fuels me to make change. like the little rebel I am.

So open a can, eat some cake and lets celebrate that the Tories are in power as it empowers us youth to get rid of them and have a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment